Camp Thrive Waiver
Thanks for registering for the socially-distanced, indoor/outdoor, in-person version of Camp Thrive for the summer of 2021. This waiver includes camp procedures and best practices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For each child I am registering, I/we agree to/understand:
My child will be participating in the summer Camp Thrive program. In consideration of my minor child/ward (“my child”) being permitted to participate in the Camp Thrive programs, its related events, and activities (hereinafter “the Camp”), and utilize the school facilities (hereinafter “school”) and materials of Camp Thrive I, acknowledge and agree that:
- The child/family has been quarantined for the two weeks prior to attending the in-person version of Camp Thrive. I understand that if the child attended a different camp, he/she will have to wait two weeks before attending our camp. (Or follow the current guidelines of the Santa Clara County Health Department).
- Fill out the pre-arrival health assessment 7 to 10 days prior to arrival.
- A short “Daily Self Health Screening” form (google form) will be completed each day prior to the entry into camp.
- I am familiar with the Symptoms of COVID-19 shown at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/COVID19-symptoms.pdf and the Stop the Spred of Germs shown at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/stop-the-spread-of-germs.pdf
- The child’s temperature will be taken each morning prior to drop off, and the child will not be admitted to camp if the temperature is outside the acceptable limits.
- A Parent/Guardian or authorized adult is expected to sign a child in and out of camp each day.
- Drop off and Pick up times will be during the designated window, and times will be staggered by cohort groups.
- Participation in the camp entails risk of injury and I am allowing my child to participate with full knowledge of the risks. For myself, my heirs, my child and assignees, I EXPRESSLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISK OF LOSSES SUSTAINED, both known and unknown, AND ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY CHILD’S PARTICIPATION.
- My child will be placed in a stable cohort of 10 to 12 students, and 1-3 staff, and can not commingle with students or staff from other cohorts.
- My child will maintain social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet apart from other humans.
- My child will wear a mask at all times, with the exception of eating/drinking. (Exception: unless medically not advisable.)
- My child will wash hands and/or sanitize regularly, including after the restroom, before and after each meal/snack, and between activities.
- My child will use his/her personal supplies (provided by the camp) and will not share personal materials with other students. Shared supplies and high-touch areas will be sanitized daily.
- My child will not share food or drink with other campers or staff.
- I, for myself, my heirs, my child and assignees, hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless Camp Thrive, its employees, and volunteers, from any and all injury, disability, death, or loss of damage to person or property that may occur as a result of my child’s participation in the Camp, but NOT to the extent that such liability is due to willful misconduct of Camp Thrive, their employees, agents or volunteers.
- I hereby license Camp Thrive the irrevocable right to use, reuse, publish and republish, solely for publicity and advertising purposes, photographs and/or video taken of my child by Camp Thrive,, its employees and volunteers during the Camp. This may include photographs/videos (without names) on Camp Thrive websites and on social media like Facebook and Instagram.
- I certify that my child is adequately healthy to participate in the Camp and/or extended care and will advise the Camp Thrive staff of any medical problems which may affect my child’s participation in the Camp.
- I understand that my child may be dismissed from camp and/or extended care immediately (without refund) if he/she exhibits behavior that endangers the safety of himself/herself, other children, or the staff.
- Except in the case of emergency, I understand that Camp Thrive will NOT administer medication and children are not allowed to have medicine in their possession. If a child requires an Epi-Pen a “Medication Consent Form” and doctor’s instructions are required prior to the start of Camp.
- In the event of a medical emergency, the Camp staff is authorized to consent to any X-ray exam, anesthetic, medical, dental or surgical diagnosis or treatment, hospital care that is deemed necessary for the safety and protection of my child.
- I understand that every effort will be made to contact me, or the emergency contact identified, while action is taken.
- I will be financially responsible for any medical attention needed during the Camp and/or extended care or resulting from injury received at the Camp. I acknowledge that my medical insurance shall be the primary insurance coverage for any medical treatment.
- There will be no make-up classes or refunds due to missed classes or camps for any reason.
- I understand there will be no Refund policy and Transfer policy of the Camp Thrive (summer session), as stated on the website CampThrive.org.
- I understand and agree to pay $1/minute for late pick ups.
- I understand that campers who display signs of illness will be isolated yet supervised, and that a parent will be called so that the child is picked up within 45 minutes of the call.